Q.1 : Choose the right "Antonym" for the given word-
[B] Indifference ✔
Q.2 : I looked for 'Dhruv' and 'Raghu' ______ the bus station.
[C] At ✔
Q.3 : Rearrange the adjectives in the brackets in correct order -
I like that really (old, wooden, antique, big) clock in the museum.
[A] Antique, Wooden, Big, Old
[B] Wooden, Antique, Big, Old
[C] Big, Old, Antique, Wooden ✔
[D] Old, Wooden, Antique, Big
Q.4 : A person who collects stamps is known as :
[D] Philatelist ✔
Q.5 : Her grandmother's death _______her.
[A] Affected ✔
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ [PART-01] अखिल भारतीय आयुर्विज्ञान संस्थान (AIIMS): English Language & Comprehension Solved Question Paper
[B] Get up ✔
[C] Woke up
[D] Break up
Q.7 : Choose the word that means the same as the given phrase.
[D] Aggravate ✔
Q.8 : A word that reads the same backwards as well as forwards is called ______.
[C] Palindrome ✔
Q.9 : You can't ______ him to perform miracles.
[A] Expect ✔
Q.10 : There were ______ few flowers in the garden.
[B] Quiet a
[D] Quite a ✔
Q.11 : I only have ________ hour for lunch.[A] An ✔
Q.12 : Use the appropriate Idiom to complete the expression.
After receiving the award, the actor thanked his director, producer and ______, his family.
[A] Last but not the least ✔
[B] Once in a blue moon
[C] Through thick and thin
[D] Lend me your ear
Q.13 : _________ it was raining, we decided to go out.
[A] Although ✔
Q.14 : To _______ was the letter addressed ?
[D] Whom ✔
Q.15 : Jayasree sang ______ (at the club, very well, last evening)
Order them correctly and complete the sentence.
[A] Jayasree sang at the club very well last evening.
[B] At the club, Jayasree sang last evening very well.
[C] Jayasree sang very well at the club last evening. ✔
[D] Jayasree sang at the club last evening very well.
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ English Vocabulary -Synonyms (अंग्रेज़ी शब्दावली-समानार्थक शब्द)
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ सही वाक्य, मुहावरे/वाक्यांश चुनें (Choose Correct Sentence, Idioms/Phrase)
"There's a book in my bag. It belongs to the library."
[A] In my bag, is there the book, belonging to the library.
[B] The book, belongs to the library, is in my bag.
[C] The book, which is in my bag, belongs to the library. ✔
[D] In my bag, belonging to the library, it's a book.
Q.17 : Choose the correct passive form of the given statement.
"Sanjana is writing the letter."
[A] Sanjana wrote the letter.
[B] The letter is being written by Sanjana. ✔
[C] Sanjana has written the letter.
[D] Sanjana will be writing the letter.
Q.18 : ________ he been in America, he could have consulted Doctor Christopher.
[A] Had ✔
Q.19 : He is the ______ boy in our class.
[A] More smart
[D] Smartest ✔
Q.20 : A person who is above hundred years is called as ________.
[A] Centenarian ✔
Q.21 : Choose the correct form of the given sentence in reported speech.
She said "Close the door, please."
[A] She said to me to close the door.
[B] She informed me to close the door.
[C] She asked me to close the door. ✔
[D] She shouted at me to close the door.
Q.22 : That is ______ excellent book, Do you have ________ copy ?
[A] A, A
[B] A, An
[C] An, A ✔
[D] An, An
Q.23 : Use the correct simile.
"That guy is as nutty as a ________ ."
[A] Fruit Cake ✔
[B] Plum Cake
Q.24 : Your father or your mother _______ to the meeting.
[B] Must come ✔
[C] Have come
[D] Had come
Q.25 : Replace the words in italics and underline with the correct 'Synonym'.
"He's a shy, reticent person."
[D] Introvert ✔
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ अनेक शब्दों के लिए एक शब्द (One Word Substitution) Top 20 Word
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ अंग्रेजी शब्दावली - विलोम शब्द (English Vocabulary- Antonyms Word)
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ सक्रिय और निष्क्रिय (Active and Passive Voice Question)
[A] Had broken
[B] Broke ✔
[C] Was breaking
Q.27 : I don't like beans, ______ my brother doesn't like cabbage.
[C] And ✔
Q.28 : Choose the correct spelling.
[B] Entrepreneur ✔
Q.29 : Combine these two sentences into one simple sentence keeping the meaning intact.
"I have to support my family. I want to find a job."
[A] I need to support my family first and then find a job.
[B] I want to find a job and not support my family.
[C] I want to find a job to support my family. ✔
[D] My family needs a job and I have to support them.
Q.30 : Choose the correct "Antonym" of the word in italics.
"It's very Clear who will win the upcoming elections."
[A] Ambiguous ✔
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ सभी विटामिनो में पाये जाने वाले खनिज स्त्रोतों व विटामिन संबंधी महत्वपूर्ण तथ्य
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ मानव शरीर और कोशिका रचना (Human Body & Cell Anatomy Science)
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ मानव रक्त : लाल/श्वेत रक्त कण, रक्त थक्का, रक्त समूह (RBC, WBC & Blood Group & Platelets)
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ अम्ल, क्षार एवं लवण, (pH Scale: Definition, Reaction & Equations, Uses)
- इन्हें भी पढ़ें ➤ सभी वैज्ञानिक सिद्धांत एवं नियम पूर्ण परिभाषा